Parents are faced with many choices when the baby first arrives. There are so many baby products available. One of the most important baby products is baby chairs. This is where the newborn baby will eat, play and relax. The first few months he spends a lot of time in this type of chair that means that you have to choose a good one.
Parents want their children to feel comfortable and secure while they feed them at home. These chairs need to have an ergonomic design, which would be the parents’ main criterion when choosing one. The Stokke company is known worldwide because of its high-quality products that provide comfort and safety to children.
Stokke has some of the most innovative seats on the market, which are considered iconic: Tripp Trapp and Steps.
But when compared, which one to choose? Here is an overview to help you decide between the Stokke Tripp Trapp vs. Stokke Steps.
Stokke Steps vs Stokke Tripp Trapp
Both the Stokke Tripp Trapp and the Stokke Steps are made in Europe, where safety standards for children’s products are incredibly high. Tripp Trapp is Made in Denmark. It has been designed and manufactured under strict quality control at Stokke’s factory since 1972, whereas the Stokke Steps are designed and manufactured at Stokke AS in Norway.
The design, materials, and durability are comparable between the two chairs. Both seats support your baby when he needs it most: when he is learning to sit up independently. Each of these chairs is easy to clean and move around for convenience.
Let’s have a closer look at these two baby chairs.
Stokke Tripp Trapp
The Stokke Tripp Trapp is the #1 best-selling high chair in the United States, which speaks for itself. Tripp Trapp is a timeless, sophisticated chair that blends in with both modern and traditional interiors. It comes in a range of beautiful colors to suit any taste. It has everything you need to make mealtime easier, and it is guaranteed to last through your child’s growing years.
The Stokke Tripp Trapp has been designed in collaboration with child development experts and pediatricians. The unique design encourages safe seating based on ergonomic theory; the backrest supports the child’s posture while the feet are free to rest comfortably on the footrest. The chair can be easily adjusted to suit a growing child.
The legs are lockable, so you can feel safe knowing that the chair will not topple over on little hands exploring around it. It has a sleek Scandinavian design and is made of beechwood with a strong, durable veneer. The Tripp Trapp will hold up to 300 pounds – it can be used even by adults!
Tripp Trapp Features
The Stokke Tripp Trapp has the following features:
- The seat is 18 inches from the ground, which means that even a toddler can climb into it easily.
- The seat (sold separately) is machine washable.
- The seat can hold up to 300 pounds, which means you will get years of use out of it.
- There are six different height adjustments for the seat back, so your baby can sit comfortably while playing with his toys or watching you at the dinner table.
- There are two footrest positions; the lower position accommodates infants who are learning to sit up.
Tripp Trapp Pros
- It is well-made, strong, durable, and very safe for children to use. There are also many reasons parents choose this high chair over other high chairs in the market, including:
- The Tripp Trapp is made of beechwood, which has a natural protective layer that makes it easy to maintain and clean.
- The Tripp Trapp comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame.
- The Stokke Tripp Trapp takes up very little room in your kitchen.
- There are so many design options, and you are sure to find one that fits your sense of style.
- Adults can also use it
Tripp Trapp Cons
The Stokke Tripp Trapp is a solid investment for growing babies and toddlers. It has back support that offers more safety and support than most highchairs. If there is something that keeps this chair from getting a perfect score, it would be the price. It is much more expensive than other high chairs on the market.
Stokke Steps is a good choice for families who prefer a slightly smaller chair. The seat is lower than on the Tripp Trapp and therefore better adapted to younger age groups than the Tripp Trapp (designed for children from 18 months and up).
The Stokke Steps has an excellent, clean design ideal for newborns and children up to 3 years. This chair can be used as a first booster seat and then converted into a regular-sized adult chair. The legs fold under the chair when not in use, which makes it easy to store or take with you if needed.
The Stokke Steps is made of a strong, durable plastic that can quickly be taken apart and put back together if needed. It has a steel frame for added strength and stability.
The Stokke Steps can hold up to 110 pounds of weight. Locking casters on the legs make it easy to move around for cleaning or if you need to take it outdoors.
Stokke Steps Features
- The Stokke Steps is lightweight, at just seven pounds. It’s easy to clean, with a plastic seat that wipes clean without much effort.
- The Stokke Steps support your baby as he learns to sit up on his own.
- The chair does not take up too much space in the kitchen or living room.
Stokke Steps Pros
- The Stokke Steps is a more affordable option at $200.
- The chair is a good size for a small baby and can also accommodate a bigger child.
- The Stokke Steps is beautiful and does not look like a typical baby highchair.
Stokke Steps Cons
The Stokke Steps do not come in as many colors or fabrics as the Tripp Trapp. Luckily, all available color variations are classic, so there is a very high chance it will match your home decor, even after many years.
The Stokke Steps does not come with any safety straps for when your baby learns to stand up and walk around in the chair; you will need to purchase this accessory separately.
Both the Tripp Trapp and Stokke Steps are great options for parents who want to invest in a high chair that will last for years. Parents usually prefer these well-engineered chairs over cheaper ones because they are not only safer but also more comfortable and stylish.
Choosing between the two is dependent on your budget and personal preferences. The Tripp Trapp is more expensive than the Stokke Steps, but it also can accommodate a larger age group and has more features and accessories available for purchase. Parents who prefer high wooden chairs should opt for this model because you can buy replacement parts in different colors to match your home décor.
The Stokke Steps costs about $200, which is much less than the Tripp Trapp. It is a good option for newborns and small children because it can hold up to 110 pounds. The chair does not take up too much space in your living area or kitchen.
If you prefer a more affordable high chair that still has all the features you need, then go for the Stokke Steps. It has a sleek, modern design that will look great in any home and the seat cover is machine washable for easy clean-up. The Tripp Trapp may be a better choice if you have a bigger budget to spend on a high chair, as it comes with more features and options for customization.
However, Tripp Trapp’s price tag is justified by its ability to grow with your baby from a small infant into an older child.