Memory foam was first produced in 1966 by NASA, looking to create material that would protect the astronauts during take-off. They were working on isolating space ships from shock waves. And it was hard to develop because the material needed to have the perfect balance between firmness and elasticity.
The first memory foam mattresses appeared on the market in 1987, but it took years before consumers accepted them. Today this type of mattress is one of the most preferred types, especially good for people with back problems.
More and more parents choose memory foam for their children’s furniture. If you are interested in this type of chair, we recommend you to keep on reading the article – it will explain why this material is so great and where to buy memory foam chairs for kids.
What is memory foam, and why it’s so popular?
Unlike low or middle-density foams, high-quality memory foam perfectly molds the body contours, offering good support to muscles and the spine. This material is widely used in different kinds of orthopedic equipment because it has many advantages over other materials. Furthermore, this type of foam is hypoallergenic, antibacterial, can reduce pressure points and prevent overheating.
Benefits of children’s chairs with memory foam:
- Ergonomic design helps to maintain your child’s correct posture.
- Memory foam perfectly absorbs shocks reducing the risk of injuries during different activities.
- It prevents spine curvature and other spine problems.
- High-density memory foam is breathable, has antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties.
As a result, children’s chairs with memory foam of the highest quality will help your kid grow healthy and active!
Tips on choosing kids’ chairs with memory foam
- Look at the size of the chair! Make sure that your kid will have enough space to sit in it comfortably, and his legs won’t touch the bottom of the seat.
- Make sure that there are no sharp corners or any other parts capable of causing injury on the chair!
- Finally, it’s better to have a removable cover, so you’ll be able to wash it after your kid had an accident or got any other stain, just in case!
What are the best kids’ chairs with memory foam?
- Delta Children iComfort Memory Foam Chair (Sponsored)– This supremely comfy chair has a memory foam seat for added comfort and a luxurious quilted slipcover. The cover is detachable and machine washable for simple cleaning. This kids’ foam chair will go with them anywhere they go – the lightweight design with a top handle is simple to transport from room to room. For ages 18 months+.
- Comfy Sacks Kids Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair (Sponsored) – Children who like to watch cartoons on TV for hours on end or simply love curling up in front of the PlayStation will enjoy this comfy seat. Comfy sacks are filled with a long-lasting shredded memory foam that is soft and resists permanent compression. For years, your Comfy Sack will retain its unique squishy feel.
- Delta Children Cozee Fluffy Chair (Sponsored) – The comfy, supportive back and plush faux fur cover make this chair ideal for reading, playing, or snuggling. Its lightweight makes it portable enough to take with your child wherever they go. The foam construction’s innovative design will preserve its form for years of use that adjust to your child’s requirements.
- FOME HOME Kids Floor Chair (Sponsored) – The excellent flexibility and comfort children need to sit and play for hours. It’s the best choice for kids who love to watch TV or spend the evening on the floor playing games on tablets, laptops, or phones.